The goal of every Image Consultant is to leave our clients with a wardrobe of clothes that are not just ‘easy’ to wear but that make them feel good when they wear them. (As one friend put it “My wardrobe makes me feel like a million dollars without costing me anything like that much!”)
Hopefully, that confident feeling you have gained from your consultation will last forever (what incredible value for money!) and you will continue dressing with comfort and confidence for years and years to come. However, we are all only human and it is only human to have little lapses or to revert to old habits. How easy it can be to get carried away in the moment, only to find you have bought a really expensive cashmere sweater in a colour that makes you look ill every time you wear it!
So here are my five top tips to help you stay on track and carry your new-found wardrobe confidence into the future.
- Your Image Consultant will have left you with your personalised selection of colour swatches so, of course, the ideal is that you take them when you go shopping. If you don’t want to carry the whole selection around all the time, could you slip a few of your favourite colours into you purse so they are always handy? And, with technology today, Fiona has created some that can be kept handy on your phone, so you need never be without them again!
- Make a note of how you feel in an outfit (and if you got any compliments) to keep yourself motivated. It will help remind you that your colour selections really do suit you and make you feel ready for anything. Just a notebook by your bed would do; read back over your notes whenever you need a little boost.
- In your wardrobe, try hanging garments in colour order: all skirts in colour palette order, all shirts in colour palette order and so on (rather than random shirts here and skirts there). It will provide a visual reminder of what your colours are, as well as what contrasts or blends well together. It will help make those wardrobe decisions on busy mornings a little easier.
- If you do ‘fall off the wagon’ and buy something that doesn’t suit you, don’t despair. Make a mental note of how often you actually wear it (I bet you’ll go with the tried and trusted garments that you know suit you instead!). If it’s hanging in the wardrobe more often than not, could you dye it, dress it up or donate it to a friend who it will suit?
- From time to time, remind yourself why you visited an Image Consultant in the first place. Remember the ‘old’ you, who never knew what to wear, worried about if things suited her and never seemed to have the same style confidence that others seem to have. You are not that person any more and it’s down to what you have learnt about your personal colour and style.
If you need more motivation, I have designed just the product for you. It is being launched this month (November), so look out for more information and how you can obtain yours through me.