As we’re getting into holiday season, I thought I’d share my favourite ‘must-take with you’ items, apart from your passport, tickets and money!
1. The first is a new item for me and I wouldn’t be without it. Instead of taking a perfume bottle, which are usually heavy and of course breakable, how about decanting some of your favourite perfume into a much smaller and lighter atomiser. Cheap to buy and easy to fill. This is what you are looking for.
2. Scarf. Whether you’re going somewhere hot or cold, this is a most useful item! Scarves (if you have the right size and material) can turn into all sorts of things (wrap to cover your modesty around the pool, shawl for the evening if it’s chilly, decoration to an outfit and even your spare beach bag). Not forgetting if you need to cover up to go into religious buildings.
3. Flip flops. These double-up as slippers, shower footwear or on the beach.
4. Plastic (reusable) bag. Can fold up small, is lightweight and will just be useful. Be careful in hot climates, though, that the printing doesn’t come off onto your clothes.
5. Another useful addition if you paint your own nails (hands or toes), again to save taking a bottle with lots of liquid which can seep out in your case, is nail polish remover wipes. My particular favourite are by Fresh Therapies, which are currently selling at two boxes for £3. Each box contains ten individually sealed wipes. One wipe will take all the polish off all your hand nails or all your feet nails. And, the product does not dry your nail out. Get yours quickly before the stock goes, as the creator of these is sadly closing this business.
So, all that remains for me to say is don’t forget your phone (camera), charger and plug adapter, suncream, shades (my advice on sunglasses here), and appropriate clothing and shoes. If you want my definitive holiday packing list, please download it here.
Of course if you have any queries or want personal help getting packed so you take less and wear more of it, please get in touch.