Lockdown Wardrobe Clear-out
You’ve had a “lockdown” wardrobe clear-out, and you’re itching to get rid of everything now you’ve decided what’s going. However, the charity shops are going to be swamped with everyone’s things, and they’re busy coping with a “new normal” whilst Covid-19 is still out there. So your clothes may well sit in a back office for quite a while before they make it to the charity shop floor and find their way to their new home and benefit the charity. Well, here’s an idea…
Outside the box thinking
Your Colour and Style Consultant, Fiona, who’s on a mission to unite ladies, cost-effectively, with the right things for their wardrobes, so they look and feel fabulous and dress without stress, has “thought outside the box”.
To further protect people from Covid-19, and save some of the items piling up at the Charity shops, yet allow people to get “new” items to wear, Fiona’s come up with the idea of an ON-LINE LADIES CLOTHES SWAP.
Fiona has run several clothes swaps in the last year (sometimes called “swishing”), and this is a brilliant way to cost effectively clear out and improve your wardrobe. It’s also great for the planet, to keep clothes in circulation for longer, and if you can gain something that is better for you – through Fiona’s knowledge and experience as the intermediary – what’s not to love? Plus, importantly, you’ll still be supporting a charity by buying your ticket. Every ticket will send £5 directly to the charity, which on this occasion is The Trussell Trust.
CLIENT win, PLANET win, CHARITY win.
The Trussell Trust
The Trussell Trust is a UK charity, providing essential household food and items (like loo rolls) for people who desperately need them. More and more people are turning to the Trussell Trust for these basics as they are losing their jobs in these uncertain times, and they need our help more than ever.
The Straight Clothes SWAP -– the guilt-free way to SHOP!
Unused clothes hung in a wardrobe are no good to anyone!
THURSDAY 9th JULY 2020, 7-8pm
This is when the on-line party will take place, but hopefully all the items will be allocated a likely home before the “party” gets underway. This is just a fun way to see who might be receiving your item/s and generally meet and chat to like-minded people.
As it will be the first on-line swap Fiona has undertaken, tickets are limited, and so are the items you can swap. There will be a maximum of THREE items, and she’s going to concentrate on LADIES SEPARATES for this swap, ie
TOPS Jumpers, T-shirts, Blouses, Cardigans, and Jackets.
BOTTOMS Trousers (not jeans) and skirts.
What to do
Here’s what to do if you fancy getting involved and seeing what you could get in return for your unwanted items.
Before 30th June:
- Choose up to 3 separates. (You can still join in with just one or two items.) (A two-piece suit would count as two items.)
- Check they are stain free, and in good condition (ie no thread pulls or broken zips). In other words, check they are in a condition you’d like to receive and wear them.
- Buy your ticket on Eventbrite: £1 per item plus £5 charity donation, plus Eventbrite fee (all under £10). (Note – although the swap has now happened, you can still follow me on Eventbrite for details about any future events I am holding, just follow the link!)
- Take a picture of your item/s (ideally wearing it/them if possible) and send them with sizing information to Fiona (email@example.com) when you’ve bought your ticket, and before the end of June.
- The aim is that for each item you offer to the SWAP, you get something better for you in return. However, this can’t be guaranteed (due to sizing etc). Fiona will do her best to ensure you don’t lose out though.
Thursday 9th July 2020, 7-8pm
- Join the online party with the link you are emailed if you can. You will meet others, who may be a good match for you to swap clothes with in the future, and you will see what item/s you have in return!
If you can’t make the online party, don’t worry, Fiona will have paired your items up with someone, so the swap can still happen.
After the online Swap Shop
- When you agree to give your item to someone, note their name, bag it (or parcel it up to post) and clearly label your bag with their name. If you have 3 items all going to different people, you will have to have 3 different labelled bags/parcels.
You can post your item directly to your recipient, or drop it off at the drop-off point on Saturday 11th July 10am – noon, or contact Fiona to organise the item/s to be forwarded on.
Enjoy wearing your new garments, and see how many compliments you receive.