Two independent personal stylists, Glenda Grocott and Fiona Mobbs, are hosting a SWISH event (basically a clothes and accessories swap) because they are passionate about recycling clothes and helping people get the right things for them – to make them look and feel terrific.
The benefits of this event are:
- *New* clothes without huge expense
- Support from 2 personal stylists to help you choose your new items
- A free talk from the stylists about accessorising your outfits
- A dressmaker present for advice, and to give a free talk about altering clothes
- Attendees will be helping to save the planet AND support two great charities.
- Refreshments & raffle to increase funds for NO LIMITS charity.
Who’s it for?
This first SWISH by these two personal stylists is for LADIES in HAMPSHIRE.
We’ve all got something in the wardrobe that has been hanging there, unused, for too long. Perhaps it still has its labels attached? Perhaps it’s now the wrong colour for us, or we just don’t love it any more but it’s still good quality and would serve someone else well . Perhaps it doesn’t fit any more. Whatever the reason – now is your chance to get rid of it … guilt free … and see if you can get something you will love and use instead. At minimal cost too. And help charity! And, do your bit to save the planet’s resources. WIN-WIN-WIN!
Wednesday 25 September 2019 2-4pm and 6-8pm
Wellow Village Hall, Buttons Lane, Wellow, SO51 6BR
- Book a ticket through Eventbrite – search for “Make A SWish!” (or contact Fiona Mobbs direct on 07469 246722 or Glenda Grocott direct on 07929 016225 to pay your £5 – the “early bird” ticket price – before 9th. After then, and on the day, you can buy tickets/enter for £10.
- You drop off your items in advance (up to 10), ideally clean and pressed. Items should be quality with no thread pulls, missing buttons, broken zips etc. Receive your SWISH VOUCHER in return. For each item you bring, you can have 1 SWISH voucher to exchange.
- This will give Glenda & Fiona a chance to sort into colour and size, ready for the swish.
- At your SWISH session (either 2-4pm or 6-8pm) arrive on time. There will be talks whilst time for browsing. Then everyone will be able to choose their first three items to try on. When everyone has had a chance to choose these, any further items can be chosen by the SWISHERS. Once everyone has completed the number of items they are eligible for, other items will be sold at £2 each (for NO LIMITS), but there will be a maximum of one item per person. (The last part of the event will be open to anyone who has nothing to SWISH.)
- Refreshments and a raffle will be available to increase the amount raised for NO LIMITS.
- Any clothes or accessories left over after the second SWISH in the evening, will be taken to Emmaus for the benefit of that charity.
If you have any queries about this event, please contact
Fiona Mobbs 07469 246722
Glenda Grocott 07929 016225
Buy your tickets before midnight on Sunday 8th September at the “Early Bird” price of £5.